Sunday, November 21, 2010

Strolling Down the Avenue

All the updates this round are Avenue - Couture and Academy.  I was selected as one of the semi-finalists for the Couture Avenue Look 2011 contest for November (you can see my entry here) and had the opportunity to join the other four contestants on the runway.  I didn't win, but I had a terrific time and met some great people - I also didn't fall on my face, into the triangular holes on stage or into anyone's lap, so all good there.  For full details:

Couture Avenue Look 2011 - November Semi-Finalists
Couture Avenue Look 2011 - November Finalist

In other news, I started my first class of the Avenue Models Academy yesterday and it was completely fabulous.  There is a very different approach from MVW with a lot of emphasis on runway work and I'm really looking forward to eventually being confident enough on a catwalk that I'm not shaking like a leaf and holding my breath the whole time.  The first night was the info, overview and welcome and, along with a lot of information and links, we also picked up our first assignment:  Create and style a look on any theme using three layers from three different designers with separates not allowed (in other words, gotta rip apart stuff that goes together).  If you can't guess, I styled around a music theme.

Credits:
Top: LeeZu Noir Efraims Daughter 
Leggings: niciARTLINE Muster Queen (Transparent)
Belt: [ATOMIC] Music Belt_Black
Collar: Hat Mechanic Maus Collar
Hat: Wild O Garden Hat Black
Pants: Baiastice Anna Lou (Black)
Boots: Heroes of Fashion - McQueen Goth Boots
Hair: MrS - Languid (Black)
[White~Widow - w/Eyeshadow] Face Tattoo 10

No comments: