OK, so I completely adore the Miamai Black Label Collection and was *thrilled* when they opened a shop on Couture Avenue (making them eligible as contest choices). It was a complete pleasure putting a look together for this month and tons of fun doing the face and head shots. I used items from several of the collection outfits and combined them with the Baiastice Anna Lou pants for a nouveau couture look with an Asian twist.
Couture Avenue 2011
Eyes: Ibanez Eyes Horizon (Eire)
Hair: booN ANT213 hair (Black)
Skin: Dutch Touch JiP (Cream - PiP CL1 HB)
Face Tattoo: Lovely Mi Make-up Madame X [Eyes Only]
Jacket: Miamai [BlackLabel] Ansiotropic Jacket
Shoes: Miamai [BlackLabel] MothQueer Shoes
Nails: Miamai [BlackLabel] Myda
Pants: Baiastice Anna lou (Black)
Collar: Violator My Fetish (Platinum Black)
Poses by DeePosed
Couture AVENUE 2011:
Couture AVENUE, an exclusive shopping district, represents the finest style, creativity and sophistication hosting top fashion brands LeLutka, CheerNo, Chantkare, AZUL, Baiastice, Nicky Ree, Stylissimo and Miamai.
Couture AVENUE is looking for fashionista extraordinaires that are able to embody the spirit of these brands and combine top-notch looks and styling to be the face for Couture AVENUE in 2011. Do you have what it takes?
The 'Couture AVENUE LOOK 2011' search is open to both men and women, offering one top male and female winner an invitation to AVENUE MODELS, an exclusive AVENUE MAGAZINE cover and to be the face of Couture AVENUE ads and promotions.
Each month a finalist will be chosen and receive :
- an exclusive interview and shoot in AVENUE Magazine
- $3,000L shopping spree at Couture AVENUE
- a discount voucher of 2,000L for a course at AVENUE Models Academy.
All monthly finalists will be entered into the finals where one male and one female winner will be selected to be the face for Couture AVENUE Look 2011. Each winner will receive :
- A one year contract to be the face for Couture AVENUE ads, events and promotions
- A cover on AVENUE Magazine
- An invitiation to join AVENUE Models
RULES OF ENTRY
1. Join the AVENUE Magazine Readers group to stay up to date on the contest events and updates.
2. Place the Couture AVENUE location in your picks with the following LM & texture.
3. Purchase two or more items from the Couture AVENUE shops and place the transaction history at the bottom of the application notecard. Transactions will be verified, those incomplete or inaccurate will forfeit their submission.
4. Style your look and SHOOT. Each look has to be sourced from at least two different designers' stores at Couture AVENUE. You may employ any photographer of your choice but importance will be given to showcasing your look and styling.
5. You will have to present TWO photos of your styling: one head shot and one full body shot (size: 1024 X 1024 pixels). Make sure they are labelled CALook2011(month)_(your name)_(headshot/bodyshot). Example : CALook2011September_Sweetest Sands_headshot
6. Complete the application in this notecard, rename and submit it to the Couture AVENUE Look 2011 Mailbox. Applications will be accepted until 5th of each month, starting on September 5th, 2010, and ending on August 5th, 2011. Late submissions will be included to participate in the next round of the following month.
7. Each month, there will be a monthly runway showcase where a selection of semi-finalists will vie for a finalist position. Each semi-finalist will do a simple runway walk parading their styled Couture AVENUE look. One semi-finalist will be selected by a panel of judges to be a finalist. In the final showcase, 12 finalists will compete to be elected as "Couture AVENUE Face 2011" - one male and one female winner. The schedule for the monthly showcases will be :
Round 1 - September 12th, Sunday at 11am slt
Round 2 - October 17th, Sunday at 11am slt
Round 3- November 14th, Sunday at 11am slt
Round 4- December 12th, Sunday at 11am slt
Round 5- January 16th, Sunday at 11am slt
Round 6-February 13th, Sunday at 11am slt
Round 7-March 13th, Sunday at 11am slt
Round 8-April 17th, Sunday at 11am slt
Round 9-May 15th, Sunday at 11am slt
Round 10-June 12th, Sunday at 11am slt
Round 11-July 17th, Sunday at 11am
Round 12-August 14th, Sunday at 11am
Finals: September 4th, Sunday at 11am
8. Each entrant is allowed to submit only one entry and if you fail to be selected any month, you may choose to submit in another month with a new styled look.
9. All entrants must be able to commit to monthly showcase dates that apply to them as well as the grand final. Failing to turn up for your month's showcase and finals date will disqualify your entry with no exception. In the finals, finalists will compete in a final round of styling and showcase it on the runway.
10. Entries are open to everyone including models and members of AVENUE groups with the exception of staff and management from AVENUE and Couture AVENUE Designers teams.
For more information, kindly contact :
Couture AVENUE Manager