Monday, October 4, 2010

Why Contests? (And An Update)

Someone asked me today (after I finished up another set of contest pictures) why I entered contests.  It's obviously not for the fame (since I don't win) or for the money (since most prizes don't cover the entry outfit).  Then again, I don't blog for the freebies (since I don't actually get any) either.  I simply enjoy really great SL fashion, great SL locations and taking pictures of both.  I've also recently started playing with a photoLIFE studio and that's been great fun as well.  It's a challenge to put together an outfit, find the right accessories, get a location or background that sets it off, find the perfect poses and get the ideal angle for the photos.  And, after that, the real work begins.  For October, I've entered three contests - the My Precious Queen contest blogged earlier this week, the Angel of Angel Dessous contest and the Couture Avenue Look 2011 contest.


















Angel of Angel Dessous Couture Entry
Dress - Angel Dessous Iberia Rosso
Hair - Tukinowaguma Jelena SH (Ebony)
Fan - Urid Dal Black Lace Fan
Collar - Ezura Lolita Crown Black Neckdress
Earrings - EarthStones Eternelle Marcasite (Garnet)
Pose by Manifeste


















Angel of Angel Dessous Lingerie Entry
Lingerie - Angel Dessous Glamour (Forest)
Hair - W&Y New 92 (Pack A - Black)
Jewelry - Zaara Vanisri Wrapped Necklace (Onyx/Silver)
Pose by DeePosed


















Couture Avenue LOOK 2011 Entry
Top - Baiastice Cage Top
Pants - LeLutka Rockin' Pants (Black & White)
Hair - W&Y New 148 (Pack A - Black)
Necklace & Earrings - YS&YS Afrika Set (Silver/Black)
Bracelets - Mandala Reiki Bracelet (Black Diamond)
Garter - LouLou Garter Pistolero
Belt - EarthStones Leather & Laced Belt (Coal)
Pose by DeePosed

And the promised update - I didn't place in the Click photography contest, nor did I make the finals for Styling Forward, though I'll post my semi-final outfit in the next couple of weeks.  The theme was Black & White (Anything Goes).  The closing dates for this month's contests are October 5th for Couture Avenue (October), October 12th for My Precious Queen (October), October 25th for Angel of Angel Dessous (November).  I promise I won't enter any more this month, since I have a final Steam Hunt wrap post to do and an absolutely amazing Halloween outfit to blog.  And no, my fingers aren't crossed.  Much.

1 comment:

ToBe Beck said...

I know you do win every time you take part in the contests. You win in the category of "a lot of fun in your life", "experience to share with others to make them more happy" and the category of "getting prettier and prettier". It's so enjoyable to read your blogs :-)