Sunday, August 29, 2010

Contest - Styling Forward

So I'm hanging around doing nothing and folks start talking about the Styling Forward reality TV show (details at the end of the article) in one of my groups and then the notice comes through that the casting call is in three hours.  I figure what the heck, might be fun since I've never done a runway before, so I start digging through my inventory.  Now, blogging is a whole different animal since I like to feature a particular designer's outfit and accessorize it, styling is more a matter of combining a lot of different things for a "look".  I decided to go for a edgy club look instead of an evening gown look, figuring that most folks would go for the gown thing and it seemed like the point was to stand out.

I have to say the lag was horrific, I discovered it's dang hard to count seconds and try to manage posing, turning and walking in a straight line at the same time and I have to admit I was worried sick about lagging into someone's lap.  That said, I about fell over when I made it past the first round, so it couldn't have been that bad.  Here are the results of my inventory digging (please note that the credits are a little more mixed up than usual since I used a lot of pieces):


















Credits:
Hair: Emo-tions Stormy (Black)
Jewelry: Mandala Shaka Earrings (Red), Takara Bangles (Red & Silver)
Belt: Mandala Mikoto (Red Rock)
Top and Leggings: Glam Affair Julia (Red)
Pants & Gloves: LBD Efraim's Daughter & Brit Pants (combined)
Boots: Chapeau Tres Mignon (Heroes of Fashion) McQueen Goth Boots
Face Tattoo: White Widow Face Tattoo 6

Featured SLURLs:

Styling Forward Description (from the notice):
A new era in fashion begins ...
Some people say that being a virtual model is easy: You buy a shape and some stylish hair; then you get a nice skin, a pretty dress and a proper AO and off you go down the runway.
Maybe true! So what differentiates the hundreds of thousands of ladies that are dancing in a disco at any given time from the absolute top models?
It's their ability to style!
The ability to style and make themselves fabulous and unique every time, is the difference between anyone and a fashion connoisseur. They need to know when to leave an outfit alone (less is more), but also when to mix and match and accesorize in a fabulous way to create that look that will have everybody else inspecting them!
Frolic Mills & Mimmi Boa in association with METAVERSE TV are proud to announce the first televised master styling competition. This show is available for both ladies and gentlemen.

No comments: