Monday, June 9, 2008

JCNY Model'Fest - June '08

So, I'm innocently checking out some friends' shop where they have been redecorating when I notice this fabulous dress upstairs, down the wall and in the corner. (Don't worry, I'm getting to the Model'Fest part, promise.) Next thing I know, it's in my inventory and I'm trying it on. Now, the NewbieDoo mission is to give back to SL with good quality, tested starter clothing, shapes, skins and accessories, but the Black Leather Ballet dress is far from newbie gear.
.
So there I am, checking out the new duds and chatting. On a whim, I put on one of the Nikki "Beaten" skins and start accessorizing. One thing leads to another and before I know it, I find myself shopping for doll keys before stopping at JCNY, picking up the Model'Fest rules and then traveling to Dickins Photography Studio to take 7934759745 photos for the portfolio (for which you only need three, of course). No, I don't expect to win, place or show, but it's definitely something new and different and I certainly had fun putting the photos together.

The contest ends at the end of the month with prizes including L$30K, a modeling contract, gift cards to some of my favorite stores, a photo shot and a layout in Best of SL magazine - so some pretty cool stuff. If you decide to enter, read the rules several times and make sure you go through your entry step by step so you don't miss anything - I nearly overlooked a few things and I was being pretty careful about it. Now, the pictures I'm including here are the ones that I didn't send in, since I'm assuming those are now the property of JCNY, but they should give you an idea of what I sent in as well as inspiring you to visit NewbieDoo and own a Leather Ballet Dress of your own.

On the left:
Skin - S5 Tan (Glam 2) by ::Tuli::
Hair - Writer (Night) by Detour
Jewelry - Precious Seas (earrings and necklace) by JCNY
On the right:
Skin - Nikki (Gash, Freckled, Light) by ::Tuli::
Hair - Writer (Night) by Detour
Jewelry - Precious Seas (earrings and necklace) by JCNY
Dress - Leather Ballet Dress by NewbieDoo
Doll Key - Celtic Needle V3 (Silver) by All Dolled Up
Stockings - Dark Lusts Black Fishnet Stockings by Blacklace
Shoes - Lizziey Black Myla Boots by Whittentons

No comments: