Thursday, June 12, 2008

JCNY Model'Fest - Showcase Model Week

So, 'round about Tuesday I log in to see the message that I've been invited to join the JCNY Fashion District Vendors group. Figuring it has something to do with the contest, I agonize for a bit, drop a group (What? You have less than 25? Pffft.) and join. I look up and see that my title is now "JCNY Showcase Model". Cool. That's gotta be good, right? I mean, if I had a clue what it was, that is. Back I go to the contest note card which says that each week, "Showcase Models" will be selected to take the runway at JCNY. It goes on to say:

SHOWCASE MODELS - What is a SHOWCASE Model? After entering your photos you will be up for 'Showcase Modeling' during the month. A Collection of 15 models are up for showcase during each week of the contest. These models are hand selected by the judges to take the runway at the JCNY Flagship Store. SL Newspapers, Fashion Photographers, Model Agencies will all be randomly present to view the showcase models. If you are selected as a showcase model you will receive a group tag from JD Hansen of JCNY. You will be paid 15L an hr for being part of the showcase during the festival. **The models who are showcased are considered to be the featured models of the current week's entries and are not in any specific order of placement in the runnings.
.
Allrighty then. Apparently, I need to get dressed and go to the Farrah Island runway and do... something. I rummage through the closet, settle on something black (shocking, eh?) and teleport over to find a cluster of posing people perched precariously on a platform. Go alliteration! I walk around, try and figure out what I'm supposed to do, give up and ask. After a few IMs, I head up on the runway, clock in (nope, never seen a time clock before, either - I'm learning tons!) and start posing.
.
Tomorrow, more about the JCNY Model'Fest experience, meanwhile, come visit at Farrah Island - I'm the grey blob trying not to fall in the moat.
.
On the left (worn Friday):
Dress - Mara (Ruby) RFL Limited Edition by Nicky Ree

On the right (worn Thursday):
Shirt - H3 Shirt (Black) by Cubic Effect
Pants - Sarrouel Pants (Black) by Cubic Effect
Shoes - ChiChi Pumps (Black) by Maitreya

No comments: