Monday, July 28, 2008

Designs of Darkness - Gears Tattoo

Inspired by Da Vinci's sketches, this tattoo caught my eye immediately and has become a staple in my ink collection. The only thing I really really wish is that it was a full body suit - I can just see the thigh gears in my mind. Still, it's hard not to be drawn to the beautifully inked gears, delicate lines, artistry and balance of this tattoo. A very clothing friendly tattoo, Gears comes in undershirt, shirt and jacket layers included for L$250 - a bargain for body art of this quality.

Initially I was skeptical about the fully inked left breast, but when I put on the tattoo I realized that it was sufficient "coverage" to be able to wear several "lifted" tops that had been languishing in the closet. The back design looks wonderful with either low backed dresses or midriff tops, and the sleeves alone are interesting enough to carry a look. I was very happy to find this shop - and to have the chance to chat with new designer Rezit Sideways. As well as tattoos, you will find quite an assortment of well done wings, pasties, stockings and a personal favorite - the Barbed Wire and Roses Tiara.
.
Tattoos and much more at Designs of Darkness (D.o.D.) Main Store at Bay City.
.
Outfits:
Top - Lifted Black Floral Tank by WWI
Shorts - Booty Shorts (Spattered) by League
Boots - Desert Boots (Beige) by Maitreya
Tattoo - Gears by D.o.D (Designs of Darkness)

No comments: