Thursday, July 3, 2008

JCNY Model'Fest - And The Winner Is...

Not me. But we all knew that. Yes, I went over to JCNY and waited for the announcement, but I was pretty sure from the way the notices had been phrased earlier in the day that the winner had already been told and the announcement activities prearranged. When I arrived, I noticed that one of the audience members was dressed way beyond the norm for either the crowd (which was packed full of fashion hopefuls in high prim couture) or the Showcase Models on the runway - and was wearing a crown. I sent an IM to a friend who was providing distraction from the lag saying that I was pretty sure I knew who the winner was - and about 20 minutes later, I was proven correct when the following notice went out to the group:

JCNY Collection - MODEL'FEST Winning Model
Global Model Summit
.
:::::::::: June Stats:

Entrys: 10,000+
Total Photos: 15,000+

TOP MODEL for June 2008

JCNY ::: TOP MODEL
1. Chalice Carling

Runner Up:
2. Takeshi Ugajin

Congratulations to both Chalice (top photo) and Takeshi! Pretty cool that my photos (bottom photo) got noticed out of 15K submitted and that I had the opportunity to be in the 60 (15 per week) Showcase Models for the event. I had a lot of fun, learned a lot of new things that will be very helpful in taking photos and met a lot of very nice people. Heck, I might even enter another contest or two here and there.
.
For those who want to try their hand at modeling and photography, the JCNY Model'Fest for July '08 is under way, so head over to the JCNY Main Store and pick up a submission packet.

No comments: