Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Paper Couture - Italian Black Jacket

I suppose that after more than 4 months, I should be more sophisticated and knowledgeable, but I'm still learning and finding things every day. Paper Couture has been on my "places to go shop" list forever and yet I'd never been until today. What a mistake on my part! As soon as I saw it, I knew that the Italian Black outfit was going to be amazing and it didn't disappoint.

With all the distinguishing features of a little black dress - you know, the ability to go anywhere and change gears with an accessory or pair of shoes - Italian Black deserves a place in every wardrobe. The outfit is composed of a three piece prim jacket that drapes across the shoulders and dips to reveal the burgundy bodice beneath. Subtle belting cinches the waistline and finishes with a burnished gold buckle above the beautifully textured mid thigh skirt. I'm not normally a fan of gloves, but the matching burgundy opera gloves absolutely finish this dress to perfection.

Fun and sexy enough for a night of clubbing, it is also a classic look for a night of dining and dancing. This is a standalone item, so only available in the black and burgundy combination, but the burgundy is such a perfect complement for the deep steely greys and blacks that the outfit will be a the top of your list for "clothes that always look just right". There don't appear to be any limitations with shoes so you can switch up the tone easily with footwear, though I preferred classic pumps and ankle boots - I can say that the black stockings that are included will get a lot of wear on their own because of the subtle shading. With the jacket making the neckline so eye-catching, limited the jewelry to earrings, which seemed to work quite well.

All in all, Italian Black would be a bargain at L$400 even if I hadn't thought to pair the three prim jacket with the Digit Darkes Relay for Life Twilight gown for a very formal evening look. The gown was a RFL Clothing Fair exclusive, but the jacket looks equally spectacular on many of my evening gowns and little black dresses that are still available - definitely experiment here.

Don't wait as long as I did, definitely visit Paper Couture at Barcola today.

Top left:
Outfit - Italian Black by Paper Couture
Shoes - Bitch Booties (Black/Black) by Stiletto Moody
Earrings - Floating Circles (Diamonds/Gold) by Earthstones

Center right:
Outfit - Italian Black by Paper Couture
Shoes - Verve (Black 2) by Maitreya
Earrings - Yin Yang (Red Jasper/Onyx) by Earthstones

Bottom left:
Gown - Twilight (RFL Exclusive) by Digit Darkes
Jacket - Italian Black by Paper Couture
Shoes - Verve (Black 2) by Maitreya
Earrings - Yin Yang (RFL Amethyst/Onyx) by Earthstones

No comments: