Thursday, May 8, 2008

A Perfect Color - Red

I've read across several different blogs that simply picking a color and searching on it can inspire some great outfits. Since that matches my "mix and match" philosophy on Second Life fashion and I was also in a serious RED (yep, all caps) mood, it seemed like a great idea. I decided to do at least one casual look, at least one evening look and then the third could be whatever the pieces leant themselves to merging into. I also eliminated outfits that had been blogged about recently.

I had a great time pulling together a few outfits and playing around with the studio controls and came up with three "ready to go" outfits. The first outfit I happened to have acquired earlier today - Cachet's Garbage Dress, which comes with 5 different belt colors including - neon red. I love the slim upper body combined with the puffy bubble skirt and bright cinch belt. Certainly evening wear with an edge. Maitreya's Verve Pumps (red) are a perfect match for the belt. I also have to say that this was my favorite picture of the bunch.

The second outfit is pure casual with Maitreya's Dune Boots (red), X2 Gothica's Dress Shirt (red) with the Hell and Back Light jeans from The Abyss. In retrospect, I should have tried black jeans or leather pants as well since the jewelry is Earthstones Yin Yang Red Jasper/Onyx, but I liked the final look anyway. Finally, I dug into the Canimal folder and pulled out the Rocker Jacket (stripey red) and one of my favorites, the Black Lace skirt. I tried several pairs of shoe and boots and they all looked terrific with this, but when I put on the ::69:: Succubus Pumps (Dark Cherry) I knew I had the perfect pair for the picture.

So, there you have it - red, red and more red. Which is what I have - tons more red. This might be a post idea that I need to revisit on a semi regular basis, just to keep things fresh.
.
Top left:
Outfit - Garbage by Cachet
Shoes - Verve Pumps (red) by Maitreya

Center right:
Shirt -Dress Shirt (Red) by X2 Gothica
Jeans - Hell and Back Jeans Light by The Abyss
Boots - Dune Boots (red) by Maitreya

Bottom left:
Top - Rocker Jacket (stripey red) by Canimal
Skirt - Black Lace Skirt by Canimal
Shoes - Succubus Pumps (Dark Cherry) by ::69::

All pictures:
Jewelry - Yin Yang Set (Red Jasper/Onyx) by EarthStones
Skin - S5 Medium Diva by Tuli
Tattoo - Gecko Tattoo by *Mu Mei Do*
Hair - The Poynter by Armidi

No comments: