Sunday, August 17, 2008

Discord - EN-GI Set

Back during the Linden birthday celebrations, I attended quite a few fashion shows, one of which featured several very talented Japanese designers from Cubic Effect, Discord and Azul. I've always been a fan of the clean lines, lush fabrics and texture contrasts found in much of the Japanese clothing in SL and the incredible attention to detail in the accessories, so I was looking forward to seeing more from each of them. Two outfits in particular moved so well they caught my eye and had me scribbling notes so I could teleport in for the buy after the show - both of them by Orange Meili of Discord.

Once you teleport in, be warned - it's a very visually intense sim and store, a little confusing to get through and it is packed with outfits when you arrive at the clothing - be prepared to spend some time - but not a lot of Lindens. The EN-GI Sets come in Purple, Red, Blue and Black with complementary trim and embroidery over a brocade fabric - there isn't a fat pack available, but each color is a budget conscious L$99. Oh and it moves beautifully with the leg revealing fan panel skirt.The outfit has 8 pieces - shirt, pants, prim skirt and obi. There are two part prim sleeves, both tied upper and dramatic tulip lower arm. For all you gifters, all the outfits I purchased were no mod, no copy but transferable and with a very broad range of styles.

Slam your hands down on the keyboard (no, not your computer, LOL) and visit the Discord Main Store at Nightmare City.

Both pictures:
Hair - BON75 by booN
Skin - Tasha 11 Portrait (Tan) by Laqroki
Eyes - Transparency Shine (Clear Gray) by Glanz
Jewelry - Jaded Dreams Earrings & Necklace (Black) by Purple Rose
Outfit - EN-GI Black Set by Discord,
Shoes - Silver StudSides Pump (Black) by Stiletto Moody

1 comment:

Cajsa Lilliehook said...

I agree that Discord has tremendous clothing at outrageously low prices and should be on every bargain hunters list.

However, I also agree with the visually confusing and overwhelming judgment, which is why it is not on my list. The amount of stimuli and the sheer volume of choices and clothes make the shopping experience unpleasant for me, so I have not been back despite thinking I should, I should I should.

You know, shopping there feels like shopping on Black Friday - some people love it. For me, Black Friday is a nightmare.