Sunday, August 3, 2008

What About Ruth?

I never change my shape. I like my shape and I've adjusted so many things in my wardrobe to fit it just right that it seems like a silly thing to play with, especially since I'm happy with it. That said, when I saw Alaska Metropolitan's Ruth Challenge at My Virtual World, I just had to play. Since I was also working on my July Group Gift of the Month post, I decided it would be fun to see if Ruth could be a fashionista wearing group freebies as well since it was a terrific month for gowns and hair. Could some of the freebies from designers all over SL help the poor girl look less like a linebacker and more like runway material?

I created a brand new Ruth shape, hopped on the old pose stand and started analyzing. First, the shoulders. Eeek! Poor Ruth - I bet she can ring the bell at the county fair, but she sure needs some softer edges, so I went digging for feminine gowns and hair with some size to them. The Feral hair gift from House of Heart not only deemphasized the shoulder width, it softened the look overall enough to risk a more fitted dress to accentuate Ruth's waist. Nicky Ree's Satin Shine Glitter Gown complemented the deep chocolate of the hair perfectly and the delicate earrings and necklace from SLink finished the look. The full skirt further balanced the shoulders and and the classic restrained jewelry gave Ruth a very ladylike look overall.
.
Update - Candy Flanagan over at iCandy has compiled a link list to the many blogs that gave Ruth a makeover.
.
It's good to know that, if Ruthed, I have a backup plan. Check back for my next post where I look at more of the July freebies like the ones Ruth is wearing.
.
Both photos:
Shape - Ruth (default) by Linden Labs
Hair - Feral (Bitter Chocolate) by House of Heart
Skin - Tasha 11 Portrait Skin (Tan) by Laqroki
Eyes - Transparency Shine Eyes (Forest Green) by Glanz
Dress - Satin Shine Glitter Gown (Red) by Nicky Ree
Jewelry - Diamond Solitaire by SLink

No comments: