Friday, March 7, 2008

A Perfect Friday Night - Bogart's Vintage Jazz

Friday night. Date night. Drinks, dinner, dresses, dancing. The night of the week when more clothes wind up crumpled on the floor of the closet because they just didn't feel quite right. Obviously cause for a shopping trip, wouldn't you say? I would. First, however, I needed to pick a spot to shop and dress for - a destination. I considered casual blues at Toby's or JYB, but I had a real itch for another pair of Stiletto Moody's and decided to build my outfit around whatever shoes struck my fancy and then select my setting for them.

After spending a silly amount of time closely examining nearly every shoe in the store multiple times, I wound up with not one, but two pairs of absolutely to die for shoes with oh so very high heels. The first pair I bought was the Elegant Slingback (Silver Twinkle) and then I turned around (literally and figuratively), came face to face with the Foxy Slingback (Black) and the Lindens flowed. I had immediately envisioned the black slingbacks paired with Marlene by Cachet, so I set off to find the perfect outfit for the ever so elegant silver slingbacks. A gal's gotta have options, you know...
.
LeeZu Baxter Designs has been a goldmine for me in versatile evening wear, so I decided to have another look around. As fate would have it, hanging there in the Ready to Wear section was a brand new release - the Lizz Flexi Dress. In three skirt styles and three colors - grey, rose and vanilla. Sold. I picked up my bags and boxes and ran home to change before I spent the rent and wound up on the streets. A little accessorizing with EarthStones Wire Wrapped Crystal Necklace (Labradorite) - another new release - and I was out for the evening. Bogart's has a formal dress code and ballroom dancing, so I finally settled on an evening in black, but I couldn't resist popping over to get pictures in both outfits against the red carpets, polished brass and gleaming pianos. And, of course, Bogie. As time goes by...
.
The recipe for a perfect evening - the right dress, the right shoes, the right date and the right music at Bogart's Vintage Jazz Club.
.
On the left:
Dress - Marlene by Cachet
Shoes - Foxy Slingback (Black) by Stiletto Moody
Tattoo - Liseron by addiXion
On the right:
Dress - Lizz Flexi Dress (Vanilla) by LBD
Shoes - Elegant Slingback (Silver Twinkle) by Stiletto Moody
Necklace - Wire Wrapped Crystal Necklace (Labradorite) by Earthstones

No comments: